Copyright 2017 © Nuno Cera
All Rights Reserved
Realised in Portugal, between January and September 2012, the film was commissioned by Câmara Municipal de S. J. Madeira, upon invitation from Centro de Arte de S. J. Madeira as part of the project Oliva Creative Factory.
Founded in 1925 by António José Pinto de Oliveira, Oliva was one of the most important metallurgy plants in Portugal, and leader in the production of sewing machines, kitchen cookers and tubs for over eighty years. The company entered insolvency and shut down, leaving abandoned an important architectural and industrial patrimony.